The first president of our society was DR G.K Pai an eminent scholar in Numismatics.
|The Managing Committee members were|
|President||Dr G.K Pai|
|Vice President||Sri S.P Luiz|
|Secretary||Sri R.R Mallia|
|Join Secretary||Sri Sam Jacob|
|Treasurer||Sri Manuel Luiz|
Committee Members were:-
Sri P. B Augustine
Sri Vishnu Nampoothiri
Sri J Narroth
Sri Naresh Naik
- In the month of September 1993, the working of the society revived and a new managing committee was formed. From then onwards the society meets regularly on second Sunday of every month at 10.30 am at Hotel KK International, Ernakulam. In the meeting apart from talks on numismatic, exchange, sale of coins and spot auction were conducted.
- In 1994The Kerala Numismatic Society was registered under the Travancore Cochin Literary Scientific and Religious Society Registration Act 12 of 1955.
- Exhibitions & Conferences
- The 81st annual conference of the Numismatic Society of India, Varanasi
The 81st annual conference of the Numismatic Society of India, Varanasi was hosted by the society along with a symposium on “Coin Heritage of India” and a workshop on various aspects of coin collection concluded successfully on 4th Sep 1995.
The all India coins Exhibition hosted at the same time was also a grand success. On 31st August 1995 at 9.30 am at town hall, Ernakulam the exhibition and conference was inaugurated by the Hon. chief justice of Kerala Sri M.M Parsed Pillai.
On 4th Sep 1995 at town hall, at 9.00AM special cancellation was released by the Post master General Smt.Meera Dutt of central postal circle, Ernakulam.
Coin Expo 2007
After a long period of twelve years KNS conducted a National Level Coin Exhibition namely “Coin Expo 2007” at town hall Ernakulum from 24th to 26th August 2007 displaying a fascinating Numismatic and Philatelic Collections. A Special Cover was released by the Smt. Shoba Koshy the Post master General central postal circle, Ernakulum.
For the time in India an auction was conducted on board a cruise boat by the society on Saturday 25th August 2007. It also provided an opportunity the delegates the KNS who attended the Coin Expo 2007 to enjoy the scenic backwaters of Cochin, the queen of Arabian Sea.
Coin Expo 2012 and 2015
This National Level Coin Exhibitions where also a grand success along collector and the general public for display of fine collections of Numismatic and Philatelic collectables. It also received wide coverage in media
- Due to popular demand an auction was conducted on board a cruise boat by the society along with an opportunity for the delegates the KNS who attended the Coin Expo 2012 and 2015 to enjoy the scenic backwaters of Cochin, the queen of Arabian Sea for a full day.
- Oswal Antiques- A leading Numismatic and Philatelic auction house conducted an auction on the second day evening on both occasions.
- Own office space for:
Members to meet for discussions, exchange etc.
Felicitate coin identification.
Space for visiting dealers to conduct sales.